Online entries will be closed 6th September 2020 at 5pm, If you still wish to enter after this date please contact Liz Stokes (Cattle and Sheep entry steward) Tel: 07749 861086
Sponsorship towards these classes by
J. W. & W. M. Baugh & M. Asher
CLOSING DATE FOR CATTLE & SHEEP ENTRIES
Friday, 4th September
ENTRY FEES: Nil for Cade Lamb Class (158) – All other classes £6
Entries may be made on-line.
Postal entries should be forwarded to the
CATTLE & SHEEP ENTRIES SECRETARY
Liz Stokes, Rectory Farm, Averham, Newark, Notts, NG23 5QY Tel: 07749 861086
JUDGE: David Inman Esq
CHIEF STEWARD: V. Covill Esq. STEWARDS: A. Duffin Esq. and R. Baugh Esq.
GENERAL RULES SHEEP: in addition to the Show Rules
INSURANCE – All exhibitors MUST have a minimum liability insurance cover of £1 million in place on the day of the show.
1. All Classes are Open.
2. All Livestock to have been the property of the Exhibitor for not less than 3 months prior to the Show and should not have been shown by any other Exhibitor within that time.
3. All stock to be penned by 9.30am, for judging to commence at 10.00am.
4. The Cups for the Sheep Classes will be presented in the Main Ring after the Grand Parade at 3.15pm.
Handlers are encouraged to parade Cade Lambs in the Grand Parade.
5. All cup winners should be present to collect their trophies of forfeit their prize money.
6. Prize Money will be paid out by the Cattle Secretary in the Cattle Marquee after the Grand Parade. All monies must be collected on show day or forfeited.
PRIZE MONEY Classes 159-166 1st £20, 2nd £15, 3rd £10 – Class 158 see below
158 Best Cade Lamb shown by a child under 14 years of age and presented to the Judge.
Prize Money: 1st £10; 2nd £7; 3rd £3. £2 all other Competitors
The Winner to be awarded the ‘The P & J Rowles Trophy’.
159 Pen of Three Pure Bred Ewes that have reared Lambs in current year.
160 Pen of Two Rare Breed Ewes ‘NEW Class 2020’
161 Pen of Three Cross-bred Breeding Ewes that have reared Lambs in current year.
162 Pen of Three Cross-bred Gimmers showing not more than two broad teeth.
163 Pen of Three Cross-bred Ewe Lambs fit for Breeding. Not to be entered in any other Class.
The Winner to be awarded the ‘The W. R. H. Burr Tankard’.
164 Pen of Three Cross-bred Butchers Lambs. Not to be entered in any other Class.
The Winner to be awarded the ‘The Steetley Maglime Trophy’.
165 Best Commercial Tup any age, any breed.
166 Best Rare Breed Tup any age ‘NEW Class 2020’
S167 Best Rare Breed from Classes 160 & 166
The Winner to be awarded ‘The J. Marriott Trophy’ and £50 prize money. The Winner is eligible for Class S168
S168 CHAMPIONSHIP: For the Champion and Reserve Champion Pen of Sheep.
The Winner to be eligible for Class S169 the 2020 Show Champion. The Winner to be awarded the ‘The G. E. Storey Cup’. Champion Awarded: £50 Reserve Champion Awarded: £25