Online entries will be closed Tuesday 10th September 2019 at 5pm, If you still wish to enter after this date please contact Liz Stokes (Cattle and Sheep entry steward) Tel: 07749 861086
Sponsorship towards these classes by
J. W. & W. M. Baugh, M. Asher & Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust & The Wilson Organisation
CLOSING DATE FOR CATTLE & SHEEP ENTRIES
Friday, 6th September
ENTRY FEES: Nil for Cade Lamb Class (154) – All other classes £6
Entries may be made on-line.
Postal entries should be forwarded to the
CATTLE & SHEEP ENTRIES SECRETARY
Liz Stokes, Rectory Farm, Averham, Newark, Notts, NG23 5QY Tel: 07749 861086
JUDGE: J. Orr Esq.
CHIEF STEWARD: V. Covill Esq. STEWARDS: A. Duffin Esq. and R. Baugh Esq.
GENERAL RULES SHEEP: in addition to the Show Rules
INSURANCE – All exhibitors MUST have a minimum liability insurance cover of £1 million in place on the day of the show.
1. All Classes are Open.
2. All Livestock to have been the property of the Exhibitor for not less than 3 months prior to the Show and should not have been shown by any other Exhibitor within that time.
3. All stock to be penned by 9.30am, for judging to commence at 10.00am.
4. The Cups for the Sheep Classes will be presented in the Main Ring after the Grand Parade at 3.15pm.
Handlers are encouraged to parade Cade Lambs in the Grand Parade.
5. All cup winners should be present to collect their trophies of forfeit their prize money.
6. Prize Money will be paid out by the Cattle Secretary in the Cattle Marquee after the Grand Parade. All monies must be collected on show day or forfeited.
PRIZE MONEY Classes 155-160 1st £20, 2nd £15, 3rd £10 – Class 154 see below
154 Best Cade Lamb shown by a child under 14 years of age and presented to the Judge.
The Winner to be awarded the ‘The P & J Rowles Trophy’.
Prize Money: 1st £10; 2nd £7; 3rd £3. £2 all other Competitors
155 Pen of Three Pure Bred Ewes that have reared Lambs in current year.
156 Pen of Three Cross-bred Breeding Ewes that have reared Lambs in current year.
157 Pen of Three Cross-bred Gimmers showing not more than two broad teeth.
158 Pen of Three Cross-bred Ewe Lambs fit for Breeding. Not to be entered in any other Class. The Winner to be awarded the ‘The W. R. H. Burr Tankard’.
159 Pen of Three Cross-bred Butchers Lambs. Not to be entered in any other Class. The Winner to be awarded the ‘The Steetley Maglime Trophy’.
160 Best Tup any age, any breed.
S161 CHAMPIONSHIP: For the Champion and Reserve Champion Pen of Sheep. The Winner to be eligible for Class S162 the 2019 Show Champion.
The Winner to be awarded the ‘The G. E. Storey Cup’. Champion Awarded: £50 Reserve Champion Awarded: £25