- Southwell – Entry Form Agricultural 2018
- Book Online (link takes you to a dedicated portal for booking)
Sponsorship towards these classes by
J. W. & W. M. Baugh, M. Asher & Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust & The Wilson Organisation
JUDGE: S. Calvert Esq.
CHIEF STEWARD: V. Covill Esq. STEWARDS: A. Duffin Esq. and R. Baugh Esq.
INSURANCE – Please ensure your livestock have public liability insurance in place to attend Southwell Ploughing Match and Show. We must insist all our exhibitors MUST have a minimum liability insurance cover of £1 million in place should the unfortunate happen
1. All Classes are Open.
2. All Livestock to have been the property of the Exhibitor for not less than 3 months prior to the Show and should not have been shown by any other Exhibitor within that time.
3. All stock to be penned by 9.30am, for judging to commence at 10.00am.
4. The Cups for the Sheep Classes will be presented in the Main Ring after the Grand Parade at 3.15pm. Handlers are encouraged to parade Cade Lambs in the Grand Parade.
5. ALL CUP WINNERS SHOULD BE PRESENT TO COLLECT THEIR TROPHIES OR FORFEIT THEIR PRIZE MONEY. All monies must be collected from the treasurer on show day or be forfeited.
ENTRY FEES PRIZE MONEY
Nil for Cade Lamb Class (154) Classes 155-160 1st £20, 2nd £15, 3rd £10
All other classes £6 by 7th September
154 Best Cade Lamb shown by a child under 14 years of age and presented to the Judge.
The winner to be awarded the ‘The P & J Rowles Trophy’.
Prize Money: 1st £10; 2nd £7; 3rd £3. £2 all other Competitors
155 Pen of Three Pure Bred Ewes that have reared Lambs in current year.
156 Pen of Three Cross-bred Breeding Ewes that have reared Lambs in current year.
157 Pen of Three Cross-bred Gimmers showing not more than two broad teeth.
158 Pen of Three Cross-bred Ewe Lambs fit for Breeding. Not to be entered in any other Class.
The winner to be awarded the ‘The W. R. H. Burr Tankard’.
159 Pen of Three Cross-bred Butchers Lambs. Not to be entered in any other Class.
The winner to be awarded the ‘The Steetley Maglime Trophy’.
160 Best Tup any age, any Breed.
S161 CHAMPIONSHIP: For the Champion and Reserve Champion Pen of Sheep. The Winner to be eligible for Class S162 the 2018 Show Champion.
The winner to be awarded the ‘The G. E. Storey Cup’. Champion Awarded: £50 Reserve Champion Awarded: £25