COVID-19: Like many shows and public events across the country, it was necessary to cancel the Show planned for 2020. Whilst we are excited at the prospect of the 2021 Ploughing Match & Show at Farnsfield, we have yet to make the final decision as to what form the Horticultural & Domestic Produce schedule will take and, indeed, whether this part of the Show can run this year.
When a decision has been made we will place an update on this webpage and on our Facebook page. (Update: 18 May 2021)
2019 Horticultural & Domestic Produce Schedule is available here.
The Horticultural & Domestic Produce marquee is a celebration of home-produced horticulture, food and crafts. We are always delighted to welcome new competitors and there are few things to keep in mind before you begin:
- Entries to the different classes must be made before Friday 11 September.
- Entries need to be made using the correct entry form and payment must be made by cash or cheques written out to ‘The Southwell Agricultural Society’
- You will receive your entry cards in the post before the Show.
- Please take care to follow the instructions in the Schedule – particularly noting any special arrangements required for particular entries (i.e., cakes on plates, tin sizes etc) and please do read the Rules in the front of the Schedule. ** No late entries will be accepted **
ENTRIES CLOSE ON THE FRIDAY TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE SHOW.
To download the Horticultural & Domestic Produce Schedule for 2019 please click here
To download the Horticultural & Domestic Produce Entry Form for 2019 please click here
Please click on the class number to view and download the pictures/text to enable your entry to the competition.
- Class 8: colouring competition
- Class 9: (Children aged 6 & 7) Handwriting: Write the poem ‘Autumn means Harvest’ Written in pencil. No illustrations, displayed in a clear plastic wallet.
- Class 10: (Children aged 8 & 9) Handwriting: write the first and last verse of ‘The Farmer’s Boy’ with an ink pen. No illustrations – displayed in a clear plastic wallet.
Entries for the Domestic & Horticultural Classes close two weeks before Show Day. Late entries cannot be accepted under any circumstances. Please refer to the Rules of Entry in the Schedule for further details.